Very sadly, Fujio and Yuki Handa have sold Fuji's Restaurant, in Southeast Portland. It has been our regular hangout for a number of years, and their friendship -- as well as the best sushi in town -- will be greatly missed by dozens of their loyal regulars, among whom we proudly count ourselves. But we wish all the best to Fujio and Yuki in their future endeavors. Here are a few pics from a recent excursion. No, there are no great sushi photos here, mostly just folks.
Click on an image to see the entire picture; most are 15k to 30k JPEG images.
1. The regular gang converges. Me, Yuki, and Debbie (Tim's on camera).
2. The man himself, Fuji at the Sushi Bar.
3. The "flashing knives" of Fuji at work.
4. Yuki, the lady of the house.
5. Yamakake: Tuna, shiso, wasibi, nori, tororo (grated taro), a raw quail egg.
6. Yamakake is rather challenging to get into your mouth!
7. Ah! Almost made it!
8. As the evening wears on, masu-zake, room-temperature saké in a box.