Quirguá Photo Gallery
Classic Mayan City, 7th-8th Century AD
All photos © by Randy R. Johnson
Click any box for a full sized image, 15 to 40k each...
Even larger JPEG images are available for many, see below...
1. Stela E, 771 AD (22.214.171.124.0) largest quaried stone in the Maya world: 35', 65 tons
Large JPG 49k Larger JPG 77k
2. Stela D, 756 AD (126.96.36.199.0) fifteen feet high with excellent full-figure glyphs
Large JPG 39k Larger JPG 58k
3. Stela D, detail of full-figure glyphs, including date glyphs
37k Larger JPG 56k
4. Stela with seated figure, as in meditation Large JPG 39k
5. Zoomorph of a jaguar with a human face in its mouth Large JPG 29k Larger JPG
6. Zoomorph P and Altar O, 795 AD (188.8.131.52.0)
Large JPG 61k
7. Front side of Zoomorph P, close-up.
8. Back side of Zoomorph P, close-up
Large JPG 56k
9. Altar O, Dancing figure.
10. Quiriguá site from Altar O.
For more details, read the article: "Quiriguá, A Mayan Legacy in Stone"
Back to Randy's Travel Photos Page
You're visiting Randy Johnson's Travel Page!
All text and photos Copyright © 1968-2013, Randy R. Johnson, all rights reserved.