About the Ease and Covered California for Small Business Partnership
Ease and Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) have connected to make benefit enrollments easier for Covered California’s certified agents and General Agents. CCSB enrollment submissions through Ease will directly connect to CCSB’s enrollment system.
This connection means instant set up with plan libraries, making rates, benefits, plan summaries, and other details automatically accessible in the brokers’ Ease accounts.
About Covered California for Small Business
Covered California for Small Business (CCSB), formerly known as the Small Business Health Options (SHOP) program, allows small businesses throughout California to take advantage of a competitive marketplace, that enables employee choice of coverage and access to the doctors and hospitals they prefer when purchasing insurance for their employees. While offering health insurance to employees is mandatory only for businesses with more than 50 employees, CCSB offers health and dental coverage options for small businesses with 1 to 100 employees. CCSB offers valuable advantages to California small businesses, including:
– Help controlling health care costs and reducing administrative overhead while offering employees a broader choice of health plan coverage options.
– Improve employee satisfaction by allowing employees to choose the health plan and physician network that works best for them.
– Choice of multiple insurance plans and health plans provides employees access to a broader choice of physician networks and hospitals not offered through traditional single-carrier models.
– The convenience of one consolidated monthly bill even while purchasing coverage from multiple carriers.
– Tax credits for qualifying small business to help offset the cost of providing health insurance to employees.”